Develop your experienced staff to deliver higher value work such as diagnosing and rectifying faults - improving your overall profitability
The Level 3 Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (QCF) is for anyone wishing to further their career in the motor industry. This practical qualification equips your staff with a greater level of technical knowledge and ability to deliver higher value work. It has been developed by the Institute of the Motor Industry, which is the Sector Skills Council for the Automotive Industry.
The Level 3 Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair forms the competency element of the Advanced Apprenticeship.
- 82% of employers reported a reduction in injuries in the workplace as a result of Mantra training in manual handling, working posture and danger awareness in the workshop
- 67% reported an increase in workforce morale and motivation
- Over the duration of an advanced apprenticeship trainees generate on average £40,000 in gross profit from labour alone
- Access to a fully funded Health and Safety audit worth over £300, and a Business Improvement Needs Analysis (BINA)
First time fault diagnosis will minimise the customer's cost and the time spent rectifying faults in your company. Achievement of an Advanced Apprenticeship exempts the technician from the Vosa NTT MOT tester's exam.
Part or full Government funding is usually available for the programme. Employers should also support learners by providing time for study.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
The course includes 6 mandatory units, 8 specialist mandatory units and one set of optional units. A minimum of 102 credits must be achieved for this qualification. Please see course information sheet for the full list of units.
The Mantra Learning Advisor will use a range of assessment methods including observation, question and answer, video, professional discussion and written reports. Their visits usually take place once a month with progress assessed and reviewed every three months or sooner if necessary. We also arrange an Employer Review every six months to measure the impact on your business.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Management Advanced Apprenticeship or Level 3 Qualification
- Level 4 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles and Competence
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form