Only a fraction of UK technicians are qualified to work on electric cars; 1,150 out of a total of 240,000 vehicle technicians
Carrying out the removal and replacement of electrical units and components including inspecting, locating and correcting faults, system enhancements, installation and testing. This will cover high voltage diagnostics and repairs on Hybrid vehicles.
The Level 2 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical Apprenticeship is for technicians wanting the further develop their career in the automotive industry, to improve knowledge and understanding of vehicle electrical diagnostics and repair.
The Level 2 Diploma in Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance and Repair is a combined qualification that forms both the knowledge and competence elements of the Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- Improve efficiency and profit margins by first time fault diagnosis
- Reduce time taken to make an accurate first time fault diagnosis
- Reduce dissatisfied customers through misdiagnosed faults/components and increase customer loyalty
- Effective use of diagnostic equipment
- Generate new business as Hybrid vehicle specialist
- Functional skills at Level 1 in English, maths and ICT
- Employment rights and responsibilties workbook
- Level 2 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical principles
- Level 2 Diploma in Auto Electrical and Mobile Electrical competency
- Level 2 Award in Hybrid Electrical vehicle operation and maintenance
Part or full Government funding is usually available for the programme. Employers should also support learners by providing time for study. A £500 contribution will be required for which you will obtain specialist hybrid high voltage equipment.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
The course includes 6 mandatory units, 8 specialist mandatory units and one set of optional units. A minimum of 88 credits must be achieved for this qualification.
The Mantra Learning Advisor will use a range of assessment methods including observation, question and answer, video, professional discussion and written reports. Their visits usually take place once a month with progress assessed and reviewed every three months or sooner if necessary. We also arrange an Employer Review every six months to measure the impact on your business.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Advanced Apprenticeship or Level 3 Qualification
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form