Only a fraction of UK technicians are qualified to work on electric cars; 1,150 out of a total of 240,000 vehicle technicians
Carrying out the removal and replacement of electrical units and components including inspecting, locating and correcting faults, system enhancements, installation and testing. This will cover high voltage diagnostics and repairs on Hybrid vehicles.
It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle's hybrid system.
- Improve efficiency and profit margins by first time fault diagnosis
- Reduce time taken to make an accurate first time fault diagnosis
- Reduce dissatisfied customers through misdiagnosed faults/components and increase customer loyalty
- Effective use of diagnostic equipment
- Generate new business as Hybrid vehicle specialist
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
The qualification covers;
- Component identification
- Isolation procedure
- hybrid batteries
- motor generators
- inverter and control system
- drive systems
- regenerative braking
- air conditioning systems
- electric principles
- code reader
- basic fault diagnoses
The 2 day course ends with an online assessment test.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Operation & Repair Level 3 Qualification
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form