Your mechanics will become proficient in motor vehicle diagnostics and repair - getting it right first time and making you more money
The Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair (QCF) is for anyone developing a career in the motor industry. This practical qualification demonstrates skills on the job, in the workplace, showing that your employees meet national standards for automotive workers. It has been developed by the Institute of the Motor Industry, which is the Sector Skills Council for the Automotive Industry.
The Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair forms the competency element of the Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- 100% of employers said that staff who have completed a Mantra pre-apprenticeship programme have produced a net positive cash flow from the start of their employment
- 100% of employers have reported a 50% decrease in misdiagnosed repairs/reworks and a 30% increase in profit from diagnostic repairs
- Mantra Apprenticeship develops 'Diagnostic Technicians' who can be typically charged out at 25% more in labour than a 'fast fit' technician.
- Access to a fully funded Health and Safety audit worth over £300, and a Business Improvement Needs Analysis (BINA)
The programme ensures staff understand the role of the professional technician and their relationship to business success.
Part or full Government funding is usually available for the programme. Employers should also support learners by providing time for study.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
The course includes 6 mandatory units, 10 specialist mandatory units and one set of optional units. A minimum of 98 credits must be achieved for this qualification. Please see course information sheet for the full list of units.
The Mantra Learning Advisor will use a range of assessment methods including observation, question and answer, video, professional discussion and written reports. Their visits usually take place once a month with progress assessed and reviewed every three months or sooner if necessary. We also arrange an Employer Review every six months to measure the impact on your business.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Advanced Apprenticeship or Level 3 Qualification
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form