The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has changed how MOT training is done. The 5-year MOT tester refresher course has been replaced by annual CPD training and an online assessment.
MOT testers must complete the MOT CPD training and pass an online assessment between 1 April and 31 March each year to keep their tester status.
MOT Testers must complete the MOT CPD training and pass an online assessment between 1 April and 31 March each year to keep their status.
- This must be at least 3 hours of training each year, and 16 hours in the rolling 5-year period
- You must keep a record of your training
- You must take your annual assessment
- You must record your assessment result
If you fail to take the annual assessment by 31 March each year, this could affect your testing status and you could face disciplinary action.
Training syllabus 2017-18
The 2017 - 2018 MOT annual training syllabus for class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicles (cars and other 4-wheel vehicles) covers these topics.
- Assessment of Tyres & Wheels
- Corrosion Assessment (including assessment of brake pipes)
- CPD planning and recording
We do not offer MOT training for motorcycles (class 1 & 2).
Attending an IMI course at Mantra Learning means you will:
- Complete the required annual training
- Take the online assessment
- We provide comprehensive course materials that include structured lecture notes, practical applications giving real world examples and case studies that challenge you to apply knowledge
- Practice exam questions
- Mock tests
- Dedicated support tutor
- CPD planning form
- Training attendance certificate
- Annual assessment certificate
Courses are delivered in the morning and early evening to avoid disruption to your business.
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form