Your administrative staff will be better skilled in all aspects of their role to improve your overall business efficiency and profitability
The Level 2 Certificate comprises QCF credit rated units developed by the Council for Administration, the standards setting body for business skills. This qualification is designed for learners employed in administrative roles such as administrative assistants or team administrators, who need to develop or consolidate their skills.
The Level 2 Certificate in Business Administration forms the competence element of the Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- 74% of employers state that customer service has improved as a result of Mantra Learning
- 67% of employers have experienced an improvement in productivity and growth
- 79% of employers have reduced staff turnover and lower absenteeism following Mantra courses
- Access to a fully funded Health and Safety audit worth over £300, and a Business Improvement Needs Analysis (BINA)
This work-based qualification enables learners to develop knowledge, understanding and skills essential for working in a business and administration environment, such as communication skills, working with others and managing and improving own performance.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
Learners are required to take mandatory units which cover aspects of working and communicating in a business environment. Learners then have a choice of option units covering different functional areas such as work responsibilities, document production, events and meetings, communications or customer service. There is a wide range of option units allowing learners to choose units to meet the needs of their own work role.
Learners must achieve a minimum of 21 credits, of which at least 14 credits must be selected from level 2 units:
9 credits must be completed from Group A mandatory units; and,
a minimum of 7 credits from Group B optional units
a maximum of 5 credits from Group C optional units
Group A mandatory units
- Manage own performance in a business environment
- Improve own performance in a business environment
- Work in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
Group B optional unit subgroups
- Work responsibilities
- Project management
- Document production
- Events and meetings
- Customer service
- Manage information and data
- Business resources
- Innovation and change
- Specialised business support services - human resources
- Specialised business support services - parking
Group C optional unit subgroups
- Health, Safety and Security of People Premise and Property
- IT including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases etc.
Additional Apprenticeship requirements
- Key skills at level 1 - literacy, application of number and ICT
- Employment rights and responsibilities workbook
- Personal learning and thinking skills
- City and Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business and Administration - 3 mandatory units (11 credits) and an additional 2 credits from a choice of 8 units
The Mantra Learning Advisor will use a range of assessment methods including observation, question and answer, video, professional discussion and written reports. Their visits usually take place once a month with progress assessed and reviewed every three months or sooner if necessary. We also arrange an Employer Review every six months to measure the impact on your business.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- IT User Skills Level 2 Diploma or Intermediate Apprenticeship (ITQ)
- Customer Service Level 3 Diploma or Advanced Apprenticeship
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form