Over three-quarters of the UK workforce use IT in their jobs, but 1 in 10 businesses say there are gaps in the IT skills they need
The IT User Skills Diploma provides an up-to-date, nationally recognised IT user qualification tailored to business and individual needs. It is a vocationally related, credit-based qualification (QCF) that can help improve productivity, effectiveness and businesses' ability to participate in the digital economy. It does this by developing employees' IT skills.
The IT User Skills Diploma has been developed by E Skills UK, which is the Sector Skills Council for Business and Information Technology.
The IT User Skills Diploma is a combined qualification that forms both the competency and knowledge elements of the Intermediate Apprenticeship, which also equips your staff with numeracy and literacy skills.
- 67% of employers experienced an improvement in productivity and growth within all departments
- 79% of employers have reduced staff turnover and lower absenteeism following a Mantra course
- Access to a fully funded Health and Safety audit worth over £300, and a Business Improvement
- Needs Analysis (BINA)
The programme ensures staff understand the relationship between IT and business success. The Apprenticeship also equips staff with the key skills to drive your business forward.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
To achieve this qualification learners need to complete a minimum of 38 credits comprising 16 credits from the mandatory units and 22 credits from the optional units. Please see course information sheet for the full list of units.
- Improving Productivity using IT
- Understanding the potential of IT
- Develop personal and team effectiveness using IT
- Security for IT users
- Bespoke software
- Specialist software
- Database software
- Data management software
- Presentation software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word processing software
- Plus Tailored Units to meet Employers needs
Additional Apprenticeship Units
- Functional Skills in Communication level 1, Application of Number Level 1 and ICT level 2
- The Employment Rights and Responsibilities Workbook
- Personal learning and thinking skills
The Mantra Learning Advisor will use a range of assessment methods including observation, question and answer, video, professional discussion and written reports. Their visits usually take place once a month with progress assessed and reviewed every three months or sooner if necessary. We also arrange an Employer Review every six months to measure the impact on your business.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Level 2 Business Administration
- e-learning courses in using software packages
- An Advanced Apprenticeship in a range of activities
- A Foundation Degree delivered by Mantra in collaboration with Bolton University
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form