The 'Trailblazer' Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship will develop the knowledge, skills and experience for managing teams to meet organisational goals
Overview of role
Managing teams and projects to meet a private, public or voluntary organisation's goals.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
Set by employer
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C (or above)
What apprentices will learn
- team management principles - including team dynamics, motivation and managing resources and workloads
- leadership techniques - including coaching, decision making, role modelling and managing change
- performance management - including absence management, conducting appraisals, setting goals and objectives
- relationship management - including negotiation and networking skills and customer and stakeholder management
- communications - including active listening, chairing meetings, presentation and digital, verbal and written communication skills
- human resources (HR) and legal requirements - including equality, diversity and inclusion
- operational and project management - including planning and prioritisation, collecting, analysing and using data and risk management
- financial management - including controlling budgets, delivering value for money and governance and compliance
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and at one of our fully equipped training centres around the country. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for managing teams and projects to meet the organisation's goals.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition plus off the job master classes, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in mentoring, speaking and listening skills or giving presentations as appropriate.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Apprentices will be able to register as associate members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form