The 'trailblazer' Supply Chain Warehouse Operative apprenticeship programme will embed the skills, knowledge and competence needed to become a skilled team member.
Overview of role
Carrying out a range of moving, packaging and stock-taking roles and duties in a warehouse environment.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Set by employer.
What apprentices will learn
- warehouse practices and processes - including deliveries, dispatch, maintaining records, moving stock, packing and storing goods
- using warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles - including mechanical racking systems and materials handling equipment (MHE) such as forklifts and pallet trucks
- using basic IT - including barcoding, data capture, radio and warehousing management software and systems
- communicating effectively with colleagues, customers, third party carriers and other organisations
- health and safety practices, procedures and regulations within a warehouse environment - including safe driving and operating techniques and working safely at heights
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace. The apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and experience for carrying out the full range of duties in a warehouse environment.
The apprenticeship training is tailored to the needs of the individual employer and is delivered by highly qualified and technically competent training advisors. The programme is a blended combination of on the job tuition plus off the job master classes, workshops, e-learning content and professional discussions.
Additional training may be included such as short courses in forklift truck operation, dangerous goods awareness and emergency First Aid at work as appropriate.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form