The first step towards a career in warehousing and storage - providing a foundation from which to progress onto an Apprenticeship
The Level 1 EDI Award in Warehousing and Storage (QCF) is aimed at people aged 16-18 wishing to start a career in the logistics sector. It provides a first insight into the principles and processes of warehousing and provides a foundation from which to progress onto an Apprenticeship programme. Learners will be involved in a whole range of activities from receiving, storing and sending out goods to stock taking and fork lift truck driving.
The course will give them the skills and knowledge to do the job well and embark on a career in the sector.
- Gain a recognised qualification which will provide a solid foundation to progress onto an Apprenticeship programme
- Learn practical skills that employers are looking for
- Develop functional skills in maths, English and IT
- Learn in a real working warehouse equiped with the latest technology
This programme is designed to give learners a range of practical skills that prepares them to embark on a career in a growing sector. On completion the learner will be better placed to gain an Apprenticeship position with a good employer.
All Mantra Learning Training Advisors are industry professionals who are specialists in the area in which they teach and are members of the Institute for Learning.
To achieve the Level 1 Award in Warehousing and Storage, learners require 12 credits. Please see information sheet for full details of the units covered.
Assessment for this qualification takes the form of ongoing review of learner performance by the Mantra Training Advisor. There are no formal examinations.
Opportunities for further development
Learners can progress to:
- Warehousing and Storage Intermediate Apprenticeship or Level 2 Qualification
- Plant Operations Level 2 Qualification
- Traffic Office Intermediate Apprenticeship or Level 2 Certificate
- Logistics Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship or Level 2 Qualification
Please call us on 0800 389 5283 or send us your enquiry via our online form