The overall purpose of the role is to work as part of the finance team to provide an effective financial management service to the needs of the organisation for Mantra Learning Ltd, Rockbarr Ltd, The National Logistics Academy Ltd, Warehouse Technology Group Ltd, H Currie & Son Ltd, Quality Squares Ltd and all other linked companies.
Assisting in all financial activities, tax accounting, budgeting and administration functions. You will be expected to check and implement relevant internal controls where necessary.
To be successful in this position you will need to be a strong Excel user, have a high attention to detail and be an organised self-starter. You will have worked within an accounting position and gained appropriate qualifications.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your own skills within a growing organisation.
This role requires you to have a high level of confidentiality and work within the guidelines of the Data Protection Act
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting procedures.
- Assist in business and financial strategy and planning.
- Responsible for financial staff management, motivation and training.
- Assist in financial legal areas and activities processes
- Provide analysis of business performance
- Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with current legislation
- Preparef year-end accounts and assist external accountants
- Co-ordinate financial information for management accounts including accruals, prepayments .
- Maintain manual and computerised central records for internal and external purposes.
- Collate payroll information.
- Collate of information for returns to government agencies (including VAT returns).
- Assist department staff with sales and purchases processes when necessary
- To carry out any duties and responsibilities required under the Data Protection Act, in particular to take all reasonable care that no unauthorised disclosure of personal/ company data occurs
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work, as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
You should hold a qualification at Level 4 as a minimum.
Mantra Learning Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from women and men,
regardless of, race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all
staff to share this commitment. Applicants must have the right to work with young people and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks as well as providing proof of your
right to work in the UK.