Warehouse and Storage Tutor / Assessor / FLT Instructor
Mantra Learning Ltd is a high performing, Beacon Status, work-based learning provider specialising in the logistics and automotive sectors.
The primary focus is to deliver the level 1 Warehousing and Storage programme at our centres in Middleton and Warrington, which involves working through a scheme of work towards assessment for level 1 portfolio building.
You will also be required to carry out occasional forklift truck instruction to commercial and Government funded learners.
The job role requires the successful candidate to work from our centres in Middleton and Warrington and must have use of own car.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To deliver quality training and assessment in our centres in Middleton and Warrington keeping with the high standards demanded by Mantra Learning Ltd and the relevant awarding bodies.
- Ensure all training elements are completed in accordance with the awarding bodies’ requirements and programme guidelines and within the agreed time scales required to achieve the NVQ / framework award.
- Maintain centre records / systems in accordance with the awarding bodies’ criteria and ensure that all records are accurate, legible and in the approved format.
- To ensure learners are assessed in keeping with the assessment schedule and that they are reviewed in accordance with requirements.
- Monitor and verify candidate progress.
- Attend meetings and training sessions to develop relevant knowledge and skills in order to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Achieve key performance targets.
- To deliver quality teaching to the needs of the programme, including the improvement of profitability and growth.
- To promote all Mantra Learning Ltd products.
- You will be expected to contribute to continuous improvement within the department and your team.
- Working flexible hours to meet the needs of the department as agreed with the Manager which may include a shift pattern.
- Undertake any reasonable request made by senior management
Qualifications - Essential
- RTITB FLT Instructor Qualification
- Numerate and Literate to level 2 or equivalent
- PTLLS award
Qualifications - Desired
- Assessor award qualification preferred, although training would be given
- A1 Assessor Award
Experience - Essential
- Have extensive experience of the logistics and distribution industry
- Training / coaching experience
Knowledge/ Skills - Essential
- An ability to coach and train people
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workloads effectively and efficiently
- Flexible approach and ability to respond to changing priorities
- Organisation ability, with attention to detail
- Computer literate
Knowledge/ Skills - Desired
- Administration experience
- Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated
- Ability to liaise effectively with people at all levels
- Use of own car
This job description is a guide to the job role and is not intended to be exhaustive. Because of the nature of our business, your job description will inevitably change and you may be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
Mantra Learning Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from women and men,
regardless of, race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.
We are committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners and expects all
staff to share this commitment. Applicants must have the right to work with young people and vulnerable adults.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate checks as well as providing proof of your
right to work in the UK.