Transport Planning Apprenticeships
If you're looking for a career at the heart of technology, where you can make a difference to environment and earn over £35,000 per year, then an apprenticeship in Transport Planning is for you.
Overview of Course
This apprenticeship will help you to develop technical skills to plan transport routes. This 13 month programme will teach how to become effective within a Traffic Office, using Transport Management software programmes, allowing you to best-plan routes for drivers and help businesses save money and reduce their carbon footprint through better travel planning.
As a Transport Planning Apprentice you will develop the skills to forecast, solve transport problems and communicate with people from drivers, warehouse managers and vast range of customers. 80% of your time will be spent on the job, learning from industry experts, and developing your competencies to think on your feet and under pressure. The other 20% of your time will be spent with your mentor, who will you support you to complete your apprenticeship standard.
You will also be competent in:
- Understanding fleet transport operations
- Forward planning to increase productivity
- Understanding compliance and regulations
- Developing your IT skills with transport planning software
Did You Know?
On completion of your Transport Planning apprenticeship you could progress on to becoming a Transport Supervisor and with experience a Transport Manager, where you can expect to earn a salary of £25k - £50k per year. You will also be able to become an official member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT).
Other progression routes include:
- Supply Chain Management
- Freight Planning
- Business Development
As technology develops, there will be an increasing demand for transport planners to develop skills in programming and software management.