Kickstart Support for Logistics Employers
Funding for the KickStart Scheme is available to logistics employers across Greater Manchester for the creation of high-quality 6-month work placements for young people aged 16 to 24.
Applying for KickStart
The Kickstart Scheme is a new £2 billion government fund, that will pay employers of any size across the UK to create 6-month work placements for young people aged 16 to 24 that are claiming Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment. As a government gateway provider, we will support logistics employers who can offer up to 30 placements across Greater Manchester in accessing the fund and creating opportunities for young people.
The job placements created should encourage young people to develop skills and gain experience that will be useful in the jobs they undertake upon placement completion.
How Does KickStart Work?
Funding will cover 100 percent of the applicable National Minimum Wage for 25 hours’ work a week, along with associated National Insurance contributions and the employer’s minimum automatic enrolment contributions.
Although the scheme itself is not an apprenticeship, participants can move onto an apprenticeship once the placement has been successfully completed. This position will then be open to another candidate once the first applicant has completed their six-month term.
Any organisation can apply for the funding, no matter the size, as long as the jobs that are being created are new. The placements cannot replace existing or planned vacancies and cannot cause existing employees or contractors to lose their employment.
The roles created must be:
- A minimum of 25 hours per week, for six months;
- Paid at least the National Minimum Wage for their age group.
Support for Employers
As a gateway provider we will:
- Gather information about the job placements you wish to offer;
- Use this information to submit an online application;
- Relay the relevant payments made by DWP to you (for example, the candidate’s salary);
- Share our expertise with you to help you onboard and train young people employed through the scheme (for example, supporting candidates with particular disadvantages);
- Provide employability support directly to young people employed through the scheme;
- Provide sector-specific training to young people before they start their placement.
If you are creating more than 30 job placements, you can apply directly by submitting an online application yourself.
Training and Support
If you are creating fewer than 30 placements, you must partner with another organisation to reach the minimum number.
Mantra Learning has been chosen as an official gateway organisation to help small businesses become involved in the scheme. This enables us to complete the application on your behalf, administer payments, and provide a full wrap-around training and support programme to complement your placement.
Our KickStart Package
Each application submitted to us must outline just how the placement will develop the participant’s skills and experience.
A sum of £1,500 per job is available for set-up costs, support, and training. As part of Mantra Learnings KickStart Gateway service, we will use this funding to provide each participant with a bespoke package, that will include training and support both before the commencement of the placement and throughout its duration. This includes:
- Career advice, such as support with CV and interview preparations;
- Specialised Logistics training including Health and Safety, Warehouse skills, customs and excise administration, customer service, FLT, LGV, industrial deep clean, and more;
- Basic PPE equipment required for the role.
Enquire Now for More Information
You can choose between 5 different packages that will develop your participant in several key competencies for a variety of Logistics job roles. These are:
- Logistics Administration
- Contact Centre