Once you've registered for a course we'll ask you to complete an initial assessment.
We do initial assessments to make sure that all our learners are on the right course for them and at the appropriate level. This also helps our tutors plan their sessions so that they meet the needs of our learners.
Please let us know if you've not completed an initial assessment when you fill in your learner induction survey.
Our Quality Team are here to help you get on with and stay on your course by:
- providing confidential advice and support to help you overcome any personal problems you may come up against;
- helping you address anything that might be making it difficult for you to attend an online session or undertake your learning regularly;
- supporting you to work on ways to improve and maintain your health and wellbeing.
They can also support you in progressing beyond your course by:
- offering impartial advice and guidance on your next steps;
- helping you to gain work experience by undertaking volunteering;
- working with you to develop smarter job search skills, assist with application forms and interview techniques;
- providing information about further learning opportunities and helping you apply for them.
Course information and additional support
During your induction presentation, you will need to record the following course information:
- name of your tutor
- how to contact your tutor
- overview of your course
- schedule of sessions
- equipment you need
- prior learning and tasks
Let us know if you've not received this yet when you fill in your learner induction survey.
Additional learner support
For learners with learning difficulties/disabilities, different types of support are available including:
- physical support - eg overlays to support dyslexia, accessible keyboards, and software, magnifiers/hearing loops
- classroom support - eg a support worker to help you one-to-one, and a reader or scribe for exams