Light Motor Vehicle Apprenticeships
If you're looking for a career driven by technology, with opportunities to progress and earn over £30,000 per year, a Light Motor Vehicle apprenticeship can provide you with that.
Overview of Course
This apprenticeship is a real job, where you'll earn a real wage and develop real skills. It's a 3 year programme, which will allow you to become a fully-qualified Technician and a real asset to your employer. A Motor Vehicle apprenticeship can fire up your career and will provide you with the skills to meet technology demands that are revolutionising the automotive industry.
As an apprentice you will learn how to diagnose, test and repair a range of vehicles from cars to vans, including mechanical and electrical repairs. You will earn-whilst-you-learn, spending 80% of your time on the job! The other 20% will be spent off the job, allowing you to spend time with our industry-trained mentors, who will support your style of learning.
Your learning will be accredited by The Institute of the Motor Industry, providing you with the guidance to gain the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed to be progress through your apprenticeship journey.
A full level 3 IMI Light Motor Vehicle standard will take you up to 3 years to complete.
What's in it for you?
Earn while you learn
Work with local employers
Further career progression
On completion of a Light Motor Vehicle IMI level 3 apprenticeship and with experience, you will be able to progress on to:
- MOT testing
- Hybrid & electric (Auto electrician)
- Recovery & breakdown services
With further experience and skills, you could progress on to become a Senior Technician, Workshop Manager, MOT Manager and earn an average salary of £35,000 per year.