Hybrid / Electric Vehicle
Designed for technicians who maintain, service and repair hybrid or electric vehicles. It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle’s hybrid system.
Overview of Course
This course will support you to carry out the removal and replacement of electrical units and components including:
- Inspecting, locating and correcting faults
- System enhancements
- Installation and testing.
This will cover high voltage diagnostics and repairs on Hybrid vehicles. It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle's hybrid system.
Technological developments utilised with Hybrid and Electric Vehicles along with the critical safety measures are very different to traditional vehicles. The courses contained within the Hybrid and Electric programme are designed to cover everything that you need to know about these vehicles; from how to work safely on them, to the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to remove and replace HV components.
Did You Know?
What you will learn
The qualification covers:
- Health & safety
- Component identification
- Isolation procedure
- Hybrid batteries
- Motor generators
- Inverter and control system
- Drive systems
- Regenerative braking
- Air conditioning systems
- Electric principles
- Code reader
- Basic fault diagnoses
On completion technicians will be able to practically demonstrate that they have the knowledge and skills required for repairing vehicles with high voltage hybrid technologies which includes:
- Improving efficiency and profit margins by first time fault diagnosis
- Reducing time taken to make an accurate first time fault diagnosis
- Reducing dissatisfied customers through misdiagnosed faults/components and increasing customer loyalty
- Effective use of diagnostic equipment
- Generating new business as Hybrid vehicle specialist