MOT Tester (annual) CPD Course
This course is ideal for qualified MOT Testers continuing their professional development.
Overview of Course
MOT testers must complete the MOT CPD training and pass an online assessment between 1 April and 31 March each year to keep their tester status.
- This must be at least 3 hours of training each year, and 16 hours in the rolling 5-year period
- You must keep a record of your training
- You must take your annual assessment
- You must record your assessment result
If you fail to take the annual assessment by 31 March each year, this could affect your testing status and you could face disciplinary action.
Did You Know?
What you will learn
The 2019-2020 MOT annual training syllabus for class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicles (cars and other 4-wheel vehicles) covers these topics.
- updates to testing standards since 20 May 2018
- using the MOT testing service to check you’re carrying out tests correctly
- updating your user profile details on the MOT testing service
- vehicle identification
- tyres, lighting, brakes and suspension
- the driver’s view of the road
- the introduction section of the MOT inspection manual
We do not offer MOT training for motorcycles (class 1 & 2).
- Comprehensive course materials that include practical applications giving real world examples and case studies
- Practice exam questions
- Mock tests
- Dedicated support tutor
- CPD planning form
- Training attendance certificate
- Annual assessment certificate
Courses are delivered in the morning and early evening to avoid disruption to your business.
Attending an IMI course at Mantra Learning means you will:
- Complete the required annual training
- Maintain MOT CPD accreditation by The IMI
Compulsory MOT Tester CPD.