This qualification will allow Technicians to enhance their capabilities and become operative as a MOT Tester; increasing levels of productivity and often seen as a great platform to grow a business.
Overview of Course
When you apply for the Award in MOT Testing Qualification course through an Approved Awarding Organisation Centre such as Mantra Learning, you will still need to show that you meet the qualifying criteria to become a Nominated Tester which includes:
- Have a current and full UK driving licence for the vehicle classes they want to test
- Be a skilled mechanic with at least 4 years full-time employment in the service and repair of the vehicle types to be tested.
- Have no unspent convictions for criminal offences connected with the MOT testing scheme or the motor trade, or involving acts of violence or intimidation
- Be ‘of good repute’
- Become a nominated tester (NT) for class 3, 4, 5 or 7 vehicles
- They must also have an ‘appropriate’ qualification.
- Complete a VT8 (Demonstration Test) which will be observed by DVSA.
This can now be achieved at your Vehicle Testing Station or at a training provider centre.
Once you have achieved both the MOT Qualification and the VT8 (Demonstration Test), you will then be able to carry out MOTs at a Vehicle Testing Station.