Manoeuvring and reversing vehicles on site is a major cause of workplace accidents and can lead to serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Employing a properly trained Banksman reduces the risk of potentially costly accidents and helps the employer comply with health and safety legislation.
Overview of Course
This course will provide individuals with full training to become an effective Banksman, who will help to reduce the risk of potentially costly accidents and helps the employer comply with health and safety legislation. The course supports safe systems of work to ensure the Banksman and driver are using standard signals that can be easily understood.
This practical half-day course is carried out at the employer’s premises for up to 3 learners at a time.
Register You Interest
Did You Know?
What you will learn
- Understanding the roles of the driver and the Banksman in reversing operations
- The potential causes and resulting costs of accidents
- Areas of danger for reversing vehicles on the site
- Legal duties (Health & Safety at Work Act)
- Action checklists
- Vehicle manoeuvring activities
- Using the HSE Guide Notes HSG136 standard code of signals
- Physical measures and exclusion zones
The course is proven to reduce accident rates that could involve injury to staff and damage to goods and property.
Employers can also demonstrate that they have met their duty of care under health and safety legislation.
Other courses that provide complementary skill sets include:
- First Aid at Work
- Manual Handling
These courses will help to benefit both learners and employers.